OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. on the 20th.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
ATTORNEY: Gary Reinecke, Troy Wells
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. The district clerk read the employee meeting minutes for November 6, 2013. Bob made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
The district clerk read the regular meeting minutes for November 6, 2013. Bob made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Troy Wells (Community Policing) - Troy stated that he has 14 days left on the sheriff department before retirement. Troy presented the board and Sherrie and Kay certificates of appreciation from the community policing department. The board presented Troy Wells with a $50.00 gift card to Cabella’s for all the services Community Policing has provided to the Oaklawn Community under his supervision. Thank You Troy Wells for a job well done.
2. Nuisance Abatement - There was 1 new case, 3 cases to be published 11-27-13, 3 bill of collections sent to the owner of record, and 1 case a work in progress. Andria & Marina Montoya came before the board on the work in progress and stated that the rock that is still on their property will be removed by December 2, 2013. The board granted them an extension to December 2, 2013 for 4536 Cedardale.
3. Splash Pads - Don will continue to get with Gene Rath the district’s engineer to answer questions in regards to wells in the Oaklawn area. The board has the cost of water if we have to buy from the City of Wichita Water. The board tabled this until next meeting.
1. Work Comp Paper Work on Louis Zwickl - The board reviewed all the paper work received from Work Comp on Louis Zwickl. The work comp insurance attorney handles all matters on this.
2. Kelly Johnson (Maintenance) - There was some discussion from Don on giving a raise to Kelly Johnson. Don made a motion to give Kelly Johnson a $1.00 per hour raise. Died due to a lack of a second.
3. Approval of Bills - There was discussion on the Airgas bill. Sherrie stated that we owe it. It is on the welding tanks, not helium. Don also reported that he went to Verizon and purchased a new phone for the maintenance man because his was not working properly. Bob made a motion to pay all the bills for the first half of November 2013. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Bob made a motion to increase the window washers bill by $20.00. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
4. Citizens To Be Heard:
Ken Miller came before the board stating that he did not here the tornado sirens last Monday. Troy Wells with Community Policing said they went off and he heard them. Monday’s are the days they test the sirens.
OFF AGENDA ITEMS:
Andree made a motion to adjourn at 7:40 PM. Bob seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held December 4, 2013
Meeting Adjourned at 7:40 PM.