OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM. on the 15th.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of May 1, 2013. There is a correction to be made. The bus was for repair alignment and Bob Dix was not present for the meeting. Andree made a motion to accept the minutes as read with the corrections stated. Don seconded the motion and Bob Dix abstained. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There is 1 new case and 1 case completed by the owner of record.
Glenda Brewer came before the board from Derby Friends Church wanting to provide services for residents in Oaklawn. The services they will be providing is a baby pantry. The board visited with Glenda and gave her information to tap into to get the word out.
2. Bingo - Sherrie gave a review of her phone conversation with Patsy Congrove. We now have a Bingo License. We need to post this letter when hosting Bingo until we get our official license.
3. Asphalt Millings - We have 3 bids. Kansas Paving $960.00, Ysidro Excavating $800.00, and Cornejo $910.00. Don made a motion to purchase 20 tons of asphalt milling and 20 tons of base from Ysidro Excavating at $800.00. Bob seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Cornejo gave a bid for Red Shell for the ball diamonds. The board wants to table this for now, but would like to have Cornejo do this at a later date.
1. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Andree made a motion to approve the bills to be paid for the first half of May, 2013. Bob seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Citizens To Be Heard: NONE
OFF AGENDA ITEMS:
Andree visited on the Bingo and how we need to set up New Checking Account for the Bingo. We will have to move money out of the Community Center Account to get the Bingo Account started and then we will reimburse the Community Account after we get started.
Troy Wells with Community Policing reported there have been 48 miscellaneous cases since the last time he reported to the board. Troy also reported that the girl in the car accident on 47th. And Clifton is in for a long recovery. She is not doing well.
Bob Dix brought up giving the employees a 10 to 15% raise straight across the board starting in June 2013. Don put a pencil to how much 10% would be. Andree would like to research this for a couple of weeks. The board tabled until next meeting.
Bob made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 PM. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held June 5, 2013.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:35 PM.